Monday, August 22, 2011

Welcome to my crazy life



Hello everyone,

I decided to start this blog because in my life at home and at work, I am privileged to witness things that happen in everyday life that bring a smile to my face. I enjoy sharing these stories with friends and family, but sometimes find it difficult to share them with everyone without having to make dozens of phone calls, and having to repeat the same story over and over again gets tedious....and to know me is to know that I am a bit on the lazy side sometimes, I know, I know, that is hard to believe, but it's true.

These stories come from real experiences I have either been directly involved in, or have been witness to. Some are degrading to my self, while others are my way of pointing my finger and belly laughing at someone else's misfortune. Some are light hearted and some are just downright disgusting. But it comes with the territory. Anyone in the Emergency Response business will tell you that the best way to deal with the stress that the job brings with it, is to find humor in the situation. I'm not saying this is possible in every situation, but if I have learned one thing about people in the 14 years I have been doing this, it is that there are alot of dumb people out there, and these dumb people do dumb things. Now we never point our fingers at these people and laugh while we are on scene, but let's just say the conversations in the Engine or Truck on the way back to station afterward would not be considered.....shall we say....professional? I am also not putting myself or anyone else in this business on a pedestal looking down. We (Emergency response personnel in general) are not oblivious to doing dumb things either. As a matter of fact we do dumb things on a pretty regular basis. And we are harder and more critical on ourselves and each other than we are on anyone else. We go to great lengths to criticize and humiliate each other...we find this fun.

Now, not all of my stories come from work either. I am the only human male in my household. My wife and three daughters, whom I Love very dearly, are another great source source of life experience for me. As a group they have taught me many lessons in love, happiness, patience, aggravation, and tolerance. They have identified the buttons that will turn me in a homicidal maniac, or big loving teddy bear. I think the kids like the button that triggers the former most times. As much as I like having them around, they have also opened my eyes to how underpaid school teachers really are.

I also have three Dachshunds that are more or less like another three kids that don't talk back, but are as equally loved, yet aggravating as their human counterparts. Each of them, like the human kids, has their own personality which manifests itself during situations that make for good stories from time to time as well.

Well, that is the overview of what is yet to come. So, sit back, hold on, and hopefully you can find the humor in the things I see on a daily basis, and perhaps get a better understanding of why I do and say some of the off-the-wall things I am becoming known for.



No comments:

Post a Comment